Tuesday, April 22, 2008

All kinds of visitors

We've been so fortunate to have all kids of visitors to our home in Italy. We've had visitors almost back to back. (Funny how we never had that problem in Ukraine!) Margo came to visit for a couple of weeks and stayed through Easter, then four days later Dave, Feather and they're 2yr old daughter Molly (neighbours from back home) arrived and three days after they left my mom arrived. Mom arrived a day late after getting shifted by the mess at the new Heathrow terminal - but that's OK because I wrote the wrong day on my calendar for her arrival so she was still a day early for me! Kyle got quite the surprise when we arrived at the airport to look at airplanes and found Nana instead!

My mom has extended her stay for a few days as Brian has had to fly back to the States to complete the paper work for his Italian Visa. I sure appreciate the help with the kids! It's especially helpful because Vika and I have both been sick (and we shared it with mom!)

Our next set of visitors, Brian's parents, are scheduled to arrive late next month. Although we've heard rumblings of others, closer by, that maybe coming for quick weekend visits???

We've discovered there are some must sees that we advise to go to or take our guests to in our area. Sorrento is definitely a favourite of mine. Pompei is amazing. Of course, there is Naples (not quite the same as other European cities, but growing on me.) We have so much more to explore and discover, and thus "screen" for our guests. Nice of us to do that, isn't it?

I'll do my best to give some more updates soon of some of our favourite places - with pictures soon!

The Kyle-ism for the week:

While sitting at the table waiting for dinner he says, "I have a jumpy thingy in my toe. It must be my blood pressure." And calmly continues waiting for dinner.

No comments: