Thursday, May 15, 2008

A day in the life of Kyle

7am - I wake up, check all my Playmobil construction toys all over my floor, then go check who is home. If it's Saturday then Daddy doesn't go to work. (I know that!) If it's not Saturday then I'll either play Playmobil or ask someone to turn on Tractor Tom on the TV for me. (Daddy is up when I get up. Sometimes Mommy and Vika are still sleeping.)
8am - Eat breakfast. I'd like to eat honey Cheerios (that's what they have in Italy) but mom says no. I'll try for some Nutella but that's always a no for breakfast. I'll settle for yogurt and granola. On the weekend I can usually score some pancakes. I no, I still don't eat Mommy's scrambled eggs.
8:45 - Yes I do take that long to eat breakfast. If I'm lucky when I'm done I can watch another TV show. Mommy usually says yes if I'll watch one in Italian. Then I get to play. Lately I've made a manhole, with a cover, between the couch and the coffee table. This keeps me very busy as there are always leaks in the sewer pipes down there.
9:30 Vika's napping so I have to play quietly so I usually go outside and play construction in the dirt in the garden. It's fun and if mommy's not paying attention I'll get the hose and make mud pies. She doesn't like it when I bring them to her when she's hanging the clean laundry out to dry. This is also a good time to practice riding my bike. I can go fast now.
11:00 Vika's up and this is when we usually walk to the centre of the village for some groceries. We go to the bread store where everyone likes me and they always say ciao - especially the man who cuts the prosciutto for me. Then mommy lets me pick whatever bread I want (usually still warm) from the bakery in the back. I wish the cashier lady would remember that I bring my own shopping bag. I always have to tell her and she doesn't understand me so she puts our things in a plastic bag. This frustrates me.
12:00 Lunch! This is a great time for me to drive mom crazy. She tries to get Vika started first so I whine that I'm starving. That usually gets me my Nutella rolled up on flat bread pretty quick. Then I wait for mom to sit down and then I ask for my drink that she forgot to give me again. By this time Vika's usually making a mess and I laugh. I'm really good at getting Vika to be loud - laughing and yelling. It's very funny but mommy says I'm not supposed to laugh when Vika does it. I laugh anyway. (Especially when Vika takes off her bib and is wiping it everywhere!)
1:00 I'm just finishing eating. It's really hard to eat quickly (which Mommy is ALWAYS after me to do) when I'm so busy entertaining Vika and asking mom 253.5 questions. It takes a lot to keep that up. When I'm done I get to play. I like to play with Vika. If I dump out the whole container of blocks it makes her laugh! But I don't like it when she knocks over my towers.
1:30 Vika goes for her nap and i get to stay up for a little longer. Sometimes Mommy and I work on my workbooks. Sometimes I draw or play playdough. I really like to just go outside and play.
2:00 Now it's time for me to go for my quiet time. And if I'm really quiet Mommy doesn't know that sometimes I don't sleep - I play with my Playmobil. Sometimes I accidentally fall asleep though.
4:30 Mom usually has to wake me up from quiet time and sometimes I'm grumpy but not too much anymore. Momy is usually busy with Vika and trying to get laundry done or dinner ready. Sometimes she lets me help with dinner. Sometimes I just play construction or kitchen stuff.
(sometime around now Daddy usually comes home and I get all excited and most of the time he will play Playmobil with me and we make accidents with my snowcat and my forklift.)
6:00 Dinner (well this is when mom says we eat but we rarely eat before 7. We're almost Italian this way. If I get to pick what's for dinner I usually say Gnocchi and hot dogs. But if we're going out my favourite place is Dominic's Pizza - it's even better than McDonalds. We get to walk there along the beach and Dominic gives my pizza dough to play with. I always order a Margherita pizza. Sometimes Daddy's not home for dinner because he has to work.
7:00 I'm still eating.
7:30 I'm still eating and Mommy's usually telling me to hurry up or no gelato.
7:45 I got my gelato.
8:15 I'm late for bed again. Sometimes I get to have a bubble bath and you should see all the bubbles I can make with the jets in our tub! I don't like getting out of the tub at all.
8:45 Daddy is once again suckered into tucking me in with a Tommy story. (These are stories that Ami and Daddy tell me - they make them up- about a boy named Tommy and all the adventures he has on his farm. Mommy is not very good at telling them.)
9:00 I have to call Mommy away from what she's doing for one last hug. Good night.

2 comments: