Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Relief from the heat!

I'm a little slow getting this posted - but I'm a little busy. What can I say? With exception only the last 2 days temperatures have been close to or above 40 degrees C everyday, with humidity 80% and even much higher. In late May I bought a good sized blow up pool for 24E. I thought that was a bit priced for a blow up pool but knew we needed one and thought it would be worth it. I'm not sure what happened; whether it had a whole when we got it or it got one the first time it was used, but it didn't last. So about ten days ago we bought a pool. A "real" pool! One big enough to swim in! It didn't get set up until the last weekend of June and that was an experience in itself. Once it was set up and filled we had to do the chemicals. That was another experience. Instructions in Italian and amounts by weight - and we didn't have a scale. Then we had to wait three days for the chlorine levels down to an appropriate amount. LOL I guess measuring with an espresso cup isn't quite the same as a scale. (note: we now have a scale.)

We finally got to try out the pool the evening of Canada Day. Unfortunately Vika was worn out from the day's festivities and didn't make the photo opp. However, now we enjoy our pool daily! It really is fantastic and I can't think of an easier way to beat the heat!



1 comment:

marcibun said...

Oh fun! I know what you'll be doing for the rest of the summer :)