Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Catching up and Aunt Laverna and Uncle Mark

OK, there is no guarantee that my next few posts will be in any sort of chronological order! We've had such a great summer and every time we do another "great" thing I've been thinking to myself. "Oh, I can't wait to get this up on the blog to share with everyone" LOL And the end result is that I haven't posted since the beginning of July! So now I'll try to steal a few moments and catch up a little bit!

One of the hightlights of our summer was a very brief, but very fun, one day visit with Aunt Laverna (AKA Auntie Berna) and Uncle Mark (AKA Uncle Mork). They had a one day stop in Naples on the cruise they were taking for their anniversary. We were thrilled at the opportunity to meet up with them and share a little bi of Naples with them. I think Aunt Laverna would have been just as thrilled to sit in the shade somewhere and dote over her great niece and nephew!

We took them up to Sant Elmo's Castle that overlooks Naples and the surrounding areas all the way past Vesuvius and Sorrento and the Gulf of Naples. The views were incredible and of course, Kyle was thrilled with the ride up the vernacular and the outdoor escalator! We then went to Brandy's, a famous pizzeria in the heart of Naples (couldn't let them come to Naples and not experience pizza!) and then we walked around the city a bit before taking them back to their ship. Of course we had to make the mandatory stop for gelato. It really was a great day and I think we all treasured the time we had together. And even I was shocked at just how difficult of a time Kyle had with the good byes.

No comments: