Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My favourtie Kyle-ism yet!

I have so many things to post about but they'll all have to wait. (I seriously need to get some slideshows together of Zach and Lisa's visit! What a great time!) But right now I need to post about one of the biggest smiles Kyle has given me in a long time!

Kyle and Zach were out digging in the yard and Kyle runs to the door calling me, "MOM! Come and see what I found! A treasure! Come and look!" I run to meet him at the door and he presents to me a broken shard of terracotta pottery that he has unburied. "Look mom! Harry Pottery!" He exclaims.

I wasn't sure I heard him right, but I did! He was so proud about finding Harry Pottery in the dirt!

Just to confirm it we went through it all again the next day as we were exploring Pompei with Lisa and Zach when Kyle found another shard of broken pottery.

Now Kyle doesn't really know who Harry Potter is as we've never exposed him to the books or movies. However, I'm sure he's heard the name as Brian and I will make reference to the books and maybe to a Quiditch broom or such. Nevertheless I absolutely love what his imagination does and I hope I remember "Harry Pottery" for a very long time - and smile every time!

No comments: