Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 2 and LOAD is a challenge!

I knew scrapping a layout a day would be a challenge - but so much of a challenge by day 2?  Of course you just know something is going to happen when one signs up for such a project.  So for the first time ever I have Kyle and Vika sick together!  They don't get sick like "normal" kids.  They don't really slow down, even with fevers of 102.  They just meltdown more often and with much more intensity.  I will say it was somewhat amusing today when Vika discovered that she was mad at both mommy and daddy and that created a quandary for her.  Lately she loves to tell me, "I don't like you!!!  I like Daddy!!!"  (Usually followed by me saying, "That's OK, I still love you."  Her, "I love you too mommy."  But with her mad at both of us and us both in the room, she was really quite perplexed about what should come next after, "I don't like you Mommy!  I don't like you Daddy!....*thinking*...I like...."  (Stands with arms crossed pouting).  Even after several attempts she couldn't finish this sentence.

Thank goodness for Brian.  I was able to finish my layout for day 2.  It's a great photo of Vika with her flower garden.  (Ssshhhhh, don't tell her the flowers are all dead.  She's as proud as can be!)  Here's the journaling:

I was so happy the day you brought me home some beautiful and very colourful flowers.  But as all flowers do these passed their prime and I put them outside the back door to make their way to the compost pile.  It didn't take long for you to discover them and plant your own flower garden.  You were absolutely thrilled with yourself and your garden.  It goes to show that beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

1 comment:

Margo said...

Wow - you work well under pressure - that is beautiful!
Love that journalling!!